I ran into an interesting problem today while trying to distribute the ConfigMgr client package to a Distribution Point.
After reviewing the distribution errors in the Monitoring workspace, I opened up distmgr.log and found the following error:
“Failed to start DP health monitoring task for package ‘<Package ID>’. Error Code: -1”
It turns out that there was a ccmsetup log file on the root of the ConfigMgr install drive on the Primary site server named “Program” (D:\Program for me). After deleting this file, the package distributed successfully.
According to others, this log file may also be named “Microsoft”. You could also rename the file if you don’t want to delete it.